By Janet Hilliker
- I still can’t shake hands or hug anyone.
- There are more distractions in my home (cat noises, traffic outside, downstairs TV)
- Technical glitches disrupt our worship process.
- Unfortunately I am very aware that while looking at Zoom, I can also look up stuff online! Temptation!
But there seem to be many positive aspects:
- My chair is comfortable.
- I get to meet some people’s pets.
- I can blow my nose off camera!
- I have a glimpse inside Friends’ homes.
- I can drink coffee during worship (not sure if that’s a plus or not).
- Many people from far away can join us.
- I can use the restroom without disturbing anyone, and there are (presumably) enough restrooms free to accommodate all of us.
- I continue to experience the sense of shared community and the presence of Spirit.
- I feel profound growth in my feelings of love for each of us individually and as a Meeting.